8/7/26

Today was another day at work, and I didn't do anything before work except get up, take a shower, get ready, and leave, so it was fully a work day.

I got to work a little early around noon and it was really busy for the first several hours. The transporters here were me, Brendon, Madi, Parker, and later Julia. I don't know where she came from because she wasn't on the schedule, but she made the evening a lot more fun. I had to move several beds with Brendon at the beginning. I feel like a lot were from neurophysiology, which is weird. I also had to move several with Parker, and he was kind of annoying me today. I just had to do so many with him, and for some reason he puts on this southern accent which I'm 90 percent sure is fake. People will ask him where he's from and he'll say, "I'm just here from Cape." Like, Cape does not have a southern accent. He just does little things that kind of annoy me. He loves making phone calls. He'll call down to MRI and ask if it's fine that the patient is coming down with continuous bladder irrigation, and call CT scan to tell them we're on the way. Like, that's all unnecessary, but you do you. Then Julia got there at 4 PM or something, and we ended up talking a lot today. She came with me to get someone from the birthing center, and also to get this old lady from neuro to take down to CT. That lady was a little cuckoo, she was swearing like a sailor, but in a kidding way, talking about her 16 cats, and just talking nonstop all the way to and from CT scan. We also had a race to see who could take our ER patients to their rooms the fastest. She beat me, but her patient was in a wheelchair and going to CPC or something, while mine was in a stretcher and going to med tele (way further away), so it wasn't exactly fair. We sat behind the CDU nurse station on the time off and talked about all sorts of stuff. Lots of horse talk because she's a horse girl. Then we followed each other on Letterboxd, and she left at 8 PM. My shift was pretty easy after that because it seemed to slow down a lot. Julia also followed me on Instagram at around 9 or so, which is nice because I was planning on following her. There were a bunch of ER to neuro patients towards the end, so that kept me busy until I left at 10:30 PM.

Then I went to Frank's Hill, ate the empanadas that my mom left in the fridge for me, and watched The Office. I also made some broccoli and green beans in a skillet because I'm trying to eat healthier. I got a shower, said a prayer, took some ZzzQuil, brushed my teeth, put my retainers in, and went to bed earlier at 1:30 AM tonight while listening to a looped YouTube video of a Somewhere in Time piano arrangement.

So today was pretty good as far as work days go. 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment