I had work again today, so I got up at 11 AM, took a shower, did everything else, ate a slice of pizza, and left to go to work at noon.
Today it was me, Brendan, and Parker. It wasn't really too bad, there were little spurts where it was kind of busy. I had one discharge from med tele where I had to stop in the lobby because they had a bag of food for him because I think the patient was homeless. Then I had to take him to the ER parking lot because that's where his car was. I've never discharged someone directly to their car so that they could drive. But there was this whole ordeal when we got to his car because none of his oxygen tanks were working, and he was kind of rude, too. And his car was disgusting, like even if you're living in your car, you can clean out trash and moldy cups and things. But I shouldn't judge. Eventually they got some nurses out there to help, so I left that. There was one guy from neuro who I took down to MRI and they couldn't do it because he was moving around so much, so I took him right back. I had to work with a tech named Kaydence up there to get him all repositioned and that was a whole ordeal. There was another guy from the ER that I had later on, when I was almost done for the night, who wanted to go outside to get some things from his motorcycle and to smoke a cigarette. No one had ever asked if they could do that before to me, so I said sure and he went out there. Well he was out there for like, 10 minutes, and I was just standing in the ambulance part of the ER parking garage with a wheelchair. Finally he came back and he was with his girlfriend, and I was kind of scared, because I was thinking, what if he went out there and got a gun or some contraband or something to bring into the hospital. So I walked back into the ER through the main entrance because it had metal detectors and things, so that made me feel a bit better. So I felt kind of bad doing that whole thing.
Then I got off, got a sweet tea, went to Frank's Hill, made some ramen, took a shower, and played Roblox with Alyssa from England until almost 6 AM in the morning. So I didn't get a full night's rest at all.
Today was boring at work, but playing Roblox was fun that night. I also didn't have a good sandwich today. So it was like a 3/10 day.
No comments:
Post a Comment