8/24/26

Today was the first day of classes back at SEMO, and I was not too happy about it. I just wasn't ready for classes to start again, and I don't think I'd ever be ready. My first one today was at 9 AM, so I got up around 8 AM and got a shower and everything, and I left later than I should have. I got to SEMO and had to park at the very bottom of Normal St. and had to walk all the way up the hill.

So I got to class at about 9:03 AM, and the instructor, Dr. Moses, counted me tardy. Like, what? Instructors never care if you're there, much less showing up a few minutes late. But this lady apparently cares. Why does she? I'm not sure. If I'm not there, it should be my problem, not hers. But whatever. In that class we already got started taking notes, talking about central lines, PICCs, and sepsis. But yeah, Dr. Moses is a little more crazy than I'd hoped.

I had about an hour before the next class, so I drove to McDonald's and got a meal to eat. Then I sat in my car at Capaha Park and ate my burger, fries, and drank some sweet tea. I almost fell asleep there.

My next class was pediatrics at 1 PM. Dr. Burk was teaching this one, and it seemed very easy today. We were just talking about what to expect and everything. Dr. Burk is also a little crazy. She speaks like ChatGPT taught her how to talk. She kind of seems falsely nice, I don't know.

After that, I was done with classes, so I went to Frank's Hill and relaxed. I really don't remember what I did, I probably napped, ate, and watched YouTube or something. I left for work at around 5:40 PM.

I got to work at 6 PM, and Julia and Rylee were there. I think Rylee was up at med tele for the start, so I didn't see her for a bit, but I talked to Julia quite a bit. We just talked about the first day of classes and all sorts of stuff. Then Rylee found me when I had to go up to med tele and she joined us down in the CDU. Her and Julia kind of hit it off since they're both talkers. It was actually pretty busy at work still, too. But there was still enough time to talk, too. So work kind of ended up being the highlight of my day.

Then I went home and played Roblox with Alyssa until about 6 AM in the morning because I didn't have class tomorrow. So that was also fun, time goes by very fast when you're talking to people on Roblox.

So school was not fun, but Roblox and work were. 6/10 day.

No comments:

Post a Comment