Today was another first day of my three day work week. I actually got up extra early today (around 10 AM) because I drove home from Frank's Hill to get my white leather shoes, my retainers, and a Witch's Brew Alani. I really only went for the shoes, because any other shoes squeak and just don't feel right at work. And I pet Chowder of course. Then I went back to Frank's Hill house, took a shower, got dressed and ready, and went to work at noon.
There were quite a few transporters here today, it was me, Julia, Brendan, and Vanessa, and there was a steady amount of transports throughout the day. Julia was going on all day about me hitting the water fountain, even though that happened like, a month ago. And she was telling other people too. But we talked a lot today. Brendan left at like 2, and I think Vanessa left at 3, and she had me put her phone up. Like girl, you couldn't walk up to house supe and do that yourself? Just kidding, I didn't mind. My mom got me some protein peanut butter balls and a Mountain (American) Dew from the doctor's lounge because she also worked today, so thanks mom. Julia left at 4:30, right when I needed her, because I had a bed. So I had to move that by myself. Then a little after moving that bed, I was back up on surgical, and I saw the strangest thing. This guy in room 512 was in the doorway to his room, on his hands and knees, and I thought he was stretching or something, I don't know. I did a triple take, before going over to him and seeing what was going on. There were no workers or anything around, either, and his gown was completely open in the back. So I tied his gown and started asking him all these questions, like why he was there, if he could use a walker, blah, blah, blah. Apparently, no one had been coming to his room, and he wanted to ask someone when he could get out of this place, and he'd crawled from his bed to this doorway. I brought a walker over and tried to get him to stand, but his gown buttons just all popped off in this very weird, comedic, but unsettling way. Then he was just completely exposed. Maybe I tied the back tie too tight and that caused that to happen, I don't know. But I couldn't get him up, so I finally went and got some people, and like, 10 nurses and techs came and started freaking out. Then we got him up and moved over with them. And I went up there about half and hour later and he was gone. I'm guessing they moved him to neuro. They were really getting onto his nurse because I guess his bed alarm wasn't set even though she swears it was. The rest of the evening and night was steady and still kind of busy. I had 31 done by the end of the shift and 49 flights of stairs climbed and over 17,000 steps. So at least I got a workout.
I got home late because I got off a bit late. I also got a sweet tea because I felt I deserved one, and it was really good. Then I climbed my stairs a bit until I got to 50 flights climbed. Then I watched The Office, made some delicious ramen, watched some YouTube, took a shower, sat out on my porch at 2 AM listening to faint music from inside until an armadillo came around the corner of my house and scared the shit out of me, and brushed my teeth and went to sleep in my recliner.
So today was alright, at least work was fun for the first part. And just getting up and doing something before work made today feel more productive rather than just working all day. 6/10.
No comments:
Post a Comment