7/2/26

Today I had work and it was not a good day. I got up at around 11, got a shower, got ready, and left at 11:42 to get to work at noon.

Work was bad because the first guy I had to move was 540 pounds and in a wheelchair, and I had to move him two other times after that. Then pretty early on at around 1 PM, I was moving a patient in a bed with a tech from med tele. In the hall leaving med tele, an IRF nurse was walking a lady and had a wheel chair and pole and everything in the hallway, blocking it, so we tried to squeeze past, but we hit an obstacle. We hit the water fountain on the wall and knocked it off. Only the top part that was bracketed to the wall came off, it just came off the clips, but some water was dripping out. But the actual pipe connected to the wall didn't disconnect. But everyone freaked out and was acting like it was a code blue or something, the way they all crowded around the scene. And the stupid IRF nurse started taking charge, trying to pick it up and saying, "Call maintenance ASAP!!!" I only think he's stupid, because afterwards, he was talking to some other nurse and they both were talking about the incidence and giving me these looks, so I know they were talking about me. A little town gossip is what he is. Probably gloating about how he saved the day. But he was the one blocking the whole hallway in the first place. At least I hit the water fountain instead of the patient, I guess. So we did that and brought that patient up to Cardiac Pavilion. At least the patient thought it was funny. And Carolyn was up at Pavilion, so I was just overwhelmed. After that, everyone knew about it and were asking me. Then I had to move another bed, but with Brendon, and I knocked the bottom of a hand sanitizer thing attached to the wall off. So he probably thought I was drunk. And I kind of ran him against the wall with a bed, too, but that was his fault. Brendon is very annoying to move beds with. He is always the one behind pushing, but he has to hardly be pushing at all. Because I'll be up at the front, steering, but having to pull with all my might. Sometimes I feel like he's pulling the opposite way as I'm trying to pull. And we'll be moving soooo slow down the hall. And the time I ran him into the wall was the only time he let me push, but I ran him into the wall because he wasn't steering it. Ugh. So it was just an annoying freaking day. Everyone was annoying. The transporters there today were me, Brendon, Briley, and Maci, one of the ones still training. Brendon left at 6:30 and I was on my own from there. I had some from the ER, and that was basically my night. One of the ones from the ER, I was pushing her out of the room, but forgot to unplug her catheter tubing from the suction on the wall, so I turned around to do that, but the nurses rushed in and were like, "You're still plugged in! I told you she was still on the catheter!" And it's like, yeah, I saw that, that's why I turned around to get it, it's not like it was about to pull out. And I unplugged that stupid tubing and a bit of pee splashed on my face. So that was gross. And that was my work. I played some Minecraft in the break room for the last 30 minutes because luckily I didn't have any more.

Then I left, went to Kidd's and got a sweet tea, went to Frank's Hill and made some toasted ravioli, watched some YouTube, played some Sims 4, rewatched a Chris Chan documentary because that popped up again, and went to bed at about 4 AM on my couch.

So today was like a 4/10. Work honestly wasn't great but at least it felt like it went by kind of quick. And I kind of like my work days because it's the only time I talk to people and feel like a part of society.

No comments:

Post a Comment