7/9/26

Today we were still in London, ON, so we got up and went to Stacked Pancake and Breakfast House which was across from our hotel. I got the Canadian hash, which had bacon, peameal (which tastes like ham), mushrooms, and cheese. And it also came with toast so I got rye toast, and an egg which I got over medium. That was a really good meal. Janell got some kind of avocado toast, my mom got chicken and waffles, but she really didn't like the chicken so she only ate the waffles. She was talking about that chicken for the rest of the trip and said it ruined chicken for her for a bit. I think my dad got something more basic like eggs and sausage or something.



We'd packed up our things before we left, so we were on the road after that. I was driving because I wanted to drive. Before we left London, my mom and I got a Coke from Burger King because we needed some caffeine. I wanted to Dr. Pepper but they didn't have it. So I started driving and I drove us to Sarnia, which was the next place we decided to go. It was just over an hour and it was an alright little drive.

In Sarnia, Ontario, the first place we went was to the beach, because my mom said the beach here is supposed to be one of the best. We actually didn't end up at the beach at first, we ended up at a park. My mom got out to try and find a bathroom, Janell realized she had ranch all over her seat and her butt that she was sitting on, and my dad was really admiring the old log cabins in the park. Then we realized the beach was down a different road, so we drove a couple of minutes further to the beach.


The beach we went to was Canatara Beach on Lake Huron, and it was actually very nice. It was kind of a rocky beach and the water was really cold, but I loved it. Once you dive under the water, it really stops feeling cold. I think I liked it because it was freshwater. But we swam around and relaxed on the sand for about an hour or so, then we got changed and left.




After that I'm pretty sure we went to some thrift stores. My dad, sister, and I went to a Salvation Army while my mom waited in the car. I found a nice jacket in there that I got. Then Janell and I went across the street to another store called Choice Thrift. I found a t-shirt I kind of liked and a Hockey Nova Scotia jersey which I got. So that store was nice, too. We drove to Walmart after that because we were going to get some beach towels for the beach again tomorrow. I got a little Lego set in there, too, because it was actually like a dollar cheaper here if you convert to USD.


After that shopping, we went to Stoke's Grill and Bar to eat. Janell picked this place out and it was actually a really nice environment. Janell got some kind of pink cocktail, I forgot what it was called. She just wanted to order one because she's legal here. I got some kind of Philly cheesesteak as my meal, Janell got fish and chips, and my parents got ribs. It was all pretty good.



Janell wanted ice cream again tonight, so I drove us all to a place she picked out called The Ice Creamery (very original name). I backed into their driveway which Janell said was crazy. I actually didn't get anything here because I was still pretty full, but they all got something. Janell got a milkshake, my mom got a banana ice cream, and my dad probably got something chocolate.

Then we went to our hotel, which was another Holiday Inn, and turned in for the night basically. We saw another rainbow, which was like the fifth one or something. Then I probably played more Minecraft.


So today was good, I really like Sarnia, it's a cute little town. 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment